Thursday, February 7, 2008

Money down the drain

This week, Syabas the local water supply company announced they have installed the latest water filter system in their treatment plants. The cost of this new treatment is 5 times more than the present methods.

But 2 things immediately strike me
1 - will the price of water now increase 500% and
2 - how contaminated will this water become, travelling between the water treatment plant and my tap.

95% of piped water supply is used for showers, toilets and washing and just 5% used for cooking and drinking. What a waste of money to flush my toilets, clean my clothes and wash my car and floors with costly treated water.

Comes back to the question - Do you really need a Point of Entry filter or a Point of Use purifier?

I may be biased, but I use a point of entry, 2 weekly disposable filter costing RM3, but a Seagull IV water purifier for my drinking and cooking needs in my kitchen.

Only the Seagull IV water purifer has 2 clinical studies, is certified as a microbiological purifier by the EPA and is the only water purifier certified by FAA to be installed in all passenger aircraft.

Go to Youtube and seach for Seagull IV water purifier and watch the 8 minute TV3 video now

No comments: